CODE OF CONDUCT
Code of Conduct
This code of conduct applies to everyone attending the Brooklyn Horror Film Festival. This includes, but not limited to, staff, press, filmmakers, vendors, volunteers, party guests and ticket holders at all venues directly or tangentially connected to the event.
Our festival is committed to creating an environment where creative and challenging voices are heard and celebrated. We reserve the right to revoke, without notice or refund, your festival credential or tickets for anyone found in violation of the below.
Out of respect for all guests and staff, you agree to refrain from:
- Fighting, physical assault, taunting or threatening in any way
- Harassment, discrimination, racism, sexism, ageism or being inconsiderate or vulgar in any way
- Entering venues; or being under the influence of illegal drugs
- Entering venues alcohol not purchased from our venue; or being in possession of alcohol under the age of 21
- Carrying or displaying a weapon of any kind, real or toy
- Indecent exposure
- Using foul/abusive language and/or making obscene gestures
- Being in possession of of a recording device, video or audio
- Operating a cell phone or electronic device emitting light during a film or event
- Disrupting a film or event
- Damaging or attempting to vandalize festival venues
- Smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes, or using smokeless tobacco
By entering our venues you agree to:
- Be kind and courteous to all guests and staff.
- Listen to each other. If you’re asked to stop a harassing or intimidating behavior, stop immediately.
- Consume alcoholic beverages only in a responsible manner.
- Comply with requests from team members.
- Be courteous to venue neighbors when entering and leaving, especially late at night.
- Limit movement in and out of your seat during films; obstructing the view of other guests
Our entire code of conduct comes back to one thing: being kind to one another. We encourage everyone who attends the festival to engage in our very fun, social atmosphere – chat with your favorite directors, writers, actors, but always in a polite manner while keeping others boundaries in mind.
Violation of this code of conduct will result in immediate removal without refund.
If you’re feeling unsafe or have witnessed any violation of this Code of Conduct, please contact the nearest staff member or volunteer and please send a formal notice to the festival at email@example.com.
Immediately dial 911, then contact festival staff.